Thursday, December 4, 2008

Starting My Locs...maybe

Sorry people! I haven't been updating this blog as much as I'd like, no phone, internet or cable in the apartment so I have to get in where I fit in, which means doing most of my posts (w/ no pics or vids) from my work computer. But soon and very soon, things will be back to normal!

So I went home (Rochester, NY) for Thanksgiving to spend time with fam and friends. When I arrived to Buffalo (where I flew into) I had an afro. I will try my best to post a pic up! Later on that night, in Rochester, I decided to do my fingercoil style (which the vids are below). I truly feel that this set of fingercoils definitely came out better than the first time.

1. Because my hair has grown and gotten thicker
2. The back of my hair isn't as straight as it used to be which meant that my coils would stay in longer.

So now it's been a week and one day and I'm still getting rave reviews on my hair. The only time that I've been able to have 2+ days of a hairstyle with my natural hair, as 'short' as it is, is when I'd have my bantu knots in (vid for that coming soon).

So you're probably wondering, "What does this have to do with you starting locs?"

Good question! Now I've been through the loc journey before but I became very impatient and wanted quick results, knowing DAMN WELL! that growing locs is a process. Now like I said these coils have been in for about a week and a half and by this wednesday i could basically do a retwist, and my 'do will be fresh 2 def!

So I guess my thought, feeling or question is whether I should attempt this journey again, as much as I'd like to. But I'm afraid that I may become bored with my hair, like I always do. But I guess I've done good so far since I'm going on a week and a half with this 'do. I guess I'll just do what I've been doing and not think about it, cause if I do, I'll never complete my loc journey.

I'll keep you guys posted about every 2 weeks or so (maybe longer) and let you know my verdict. I'll post pics weekly though!!!! This no internet could actually help in my youtube hiatus also! Maybe by the next time I post a vid I'll be budding!!! lol

3 comments:

Naturally Sophia said...

I am curious to know the verdict. I have Sisterlocks with no regrets. I love your blog and yur look is really cute. I am sure whatever you decide, it will be right for you.

hotredsly said...

Come on girl do it! loc that hair up. and stick to it you will be so happy when you have beautiful locs flowing down your back

Keisha said...

I thought you didnt like nappturality....I have a loc blog somewhere around here 2....